The AgentPress theme by StudioPress provides a cost-effective, stylish and easy path to promoting real estate listings on your own website. Out-of-the-box AgentPress, with the AgentPress Listings plugin, provides a home page setup that allows potential clients to search by ‘bedrooms’, ‘prices’, and ‘types’.
But what about location?
This can be achieved fairly easily, adding a classification (taxonomy) for ‘zip code’ similar to ‘bedrooms’, ‘prices’, and ‘types’, and using it in the same way in the AgentPress Listings widget on the home page.
Location, Location, Location
It’s all done in the WordPress dashboard.
1. Navigate to “Listings > Register Taxonomies”.
2. Register (add) a new taxonomy:
- ID = zipcode
- Plural Name = Zip Codes
- Singular Name = Zip Code
3. Edit each listing to add the zip code data in the Zip Codes metabox to the right of the screen (just like ‘bedrooms’, etc.)
4. Navigate to “Appearance > Widgets > Home Featured > AgentPress Listing Search”.
5. Under “Include these taxonomies in the search widget”, select “Zip Codes”. Save and close the widget.
6. Repeat Step #5 for the widget settings in the “Listings Archive” widget area.
7. Load the home page to see the results.
8. Try a search to test and also load the archive listing template.
Inspiration via StudioPress Community Forums